Monday, August 24, 2009

New Week... New Start

Yesterday I went to an Astros game in Houston, so while there I FINALLY was able to run by Luke's Locker.... YEAH!!! I was fitted for shoes and found that I have a neutral foot and that I have good running form (whatever). I tried on several pairs of shoes and could not make up my mind as to which ones to get. Plus they were closing, so I decided that the pressure was too great for my eternally indecisive self and I need to go back when I have lots more time to shop. I am also a big fan of research, so now that I know what type of foot I have I want to find out everything there is to know about neutral shoes. I fell in love with Luke's Locker and I decided that I need clothes, fuel, maybe a new running watch, etc. Soooo.... I'm hitting it up on Saturday to make my purchases. SO STOKED!
Questions:
How do you feel about Saucony Running Shoes v. Mizunos?
How do you feel about the new Nike Lunarglides?
What type of foot do you have and what is your favorite running shoe?
So today was my short run. My plan was to wake up at 5am and hit the road but I could not make it out of bed when the alarm went off so I vowed to run when I got off work today. Thank God we had a slight cool front come through so the temp was in low 90's around 6pm. Not too bad. My friend Diana wanted me to come over to her house tonight and watch The Uninvited with her so I decided to just pack up and head to her house early and get my run on in her hood. About 15 minutes before my run I popped some Ibuprofen and a Vanilla Bean Gu (I was exhausted after work, but running was non-negotiable.... so you gotta do what you gotta do!) Not a bad run in the beginning but soon my calfs began to burn and my shins began to ache and I was cursing myself for not making up my damn mind at Luke's Locker. Why do I need to make a whole other trip up there this coming weekend? Do I REALLY need all that extra stuff? (YES!) But after I finished I stretched and felt much better.
I can certainly tell that my muscles are strengthening because my run was over about an hour ago and my calfs are still burning. I can't wait until my legs are rock hard, defined, and sexy... I just love sexy legs. Are any of you proud of your legs? If you are... I thoroughly recommend you post a picture of just your legs... show those babies off!!
On another note... Saturday night I went to the movie theatre with my friends Amy and Brent to see The Time Traveler's Wife. Oh. My. Gosh.
Okay... the movie is over. Credits are rolling. Lights are coming up. And I am having to tell myself silently, "Katie, get a hold of yourself. Stop this! You have got to quit crying. The theatre is pretty much empty with the exception of the two people you came here with who are waiting for you (awkwardly) to stop your cry-fest!" Wow.
It is an amazing movie and I loved every second of it.... but word to the wise, bring some tissue. You will cry.

So here is my Running Schedule for the week of 8/24 - 8/30:
Monday - 2 miles
Tuesday - 3 miles/Core Workout
Wednesday - 30 min. Elliptical/Upper Body Workout/Core Workout
Thursday - 2 miles
Friday - Upper Body Workout/Core Workout
Saturday - 4 miles/ Core Workout
Sunday - Rest
Hopefully I can stick to it and get it all in. We shall see....
Marvelous miles to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Girl I can't believe you were there and didn't leave with shoes. Bad Katie!! You HAVE to go back and at the very least get the shoes. your very lucky. It sounds like you have great feet. I have uber high arches and my left foot overpronates more than my right. There is only one (two if you count my speedwork shoes) that work for me. No choices for this girl (and they are Brooks).

    Good for you on all the core work. Your abs must be smoking hot! Good luck this week.

    p.s. a cold front and it was STILL in the 90's. Wowza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new shoes (almost). You better get back there soon! I've never worn anything but Brooks GTS Adrenaline because I overpronate. My right foot has all sorts of issues due to bunions. Sigh. Be happy you have great running form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sister!! i am so proud of you for getting out there and doing it! see..you went all that way to find out you were perfect....perfect neutral feet and perfect form! you could have called me, I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! i love you keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your witty, fabulous, and intellectual Comment!
XOXO,
Katie