Thursday, August 20, 2009

While I'm Waiting

As I have told you before, I am a big fan of music. All kinds. I'm very eclectic when it comes to music. I'm also big on lyrics. Listening to them and taking them in. Many times applying them to my current or past circumstances. On my way to work in the mornings, I like to listen to "The Message" on XM Radio. It is my time to gather myself for the day and the lyrics to most of the songs on The Message usually have a very hopeful and positive tone. So it helps me to start my work days off fresh and welcoming. This morning, I heard a song that I have heard many times before. But this morning, it was as if I had heard it for the first time. The lyrics sang a whole new song to me, and I was a bit overwhelmed. The song is "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. The song is about living your life bold and confident, completely oblivious to what is before you, but simply being hopeful and secure in what the Lord has coming your way. As I look back on my life, no other time do I feel I can relate to these words than right now. In SO many ways and on SO many levels.

Allow me to share them with you...

1. Of course, there is my current situation... I am training for a half marathon and suffering from shin splints. (I'm sure you're like... ENOUGH ABOUT THE SHIN SPLINTS ALREADY!!) I have no idea if I am doing the right thing by continuing to train, but I don't care. I am doing it anyway. It is painful and it is not easy... but I am just going to continue to work on it and wait for what the Lord has in store for me. Will I be able to run the whole way? Will I be able to finish in a decent time frame? Will my legs fall off in training because I am pushing myself too much? I don't know... I'm just going to wait and see.

2. If nothing else, I know my training has given me a sense of self that I have never had before. I am proud of myself for my accomplishments and the accomplishments that I know will be soon to come. I know that this race is only the beginning because I am not about to let this feeling that running gives me die. What is in store for me? Where can this sense of pride take me? I don't know... I'm just going to wait and see.

3. My life is general is currently sitting in transition mode. I have traveled far and wide, graduated from college, I have a wonderful job that I love. I have a beautiful apartment and I am completely self-sufficient. But what next? I know there is a whole other chapter of my life that is HUGE and I have no idea what is in it. It's hard to be patient... but I have no choice, so I am. Hopefully patient. (Is that an oxymoron?) Where am i going? I don't know. I know that running will help me to get there because of how it has helped me to believe in myself. I know that no one else is in control of my life but God. I will go where he wants me... not where anyone else thinks I should go. So..... we'll just wait and see.

In the meantime, you guys should download the song I am referring to. The lyrics are below but you really need to listen to the song to get the full effect. Maybe it speaks to you as well....


"While I'm Waiting" - John Waller

I'm Waiting.
I'm waiting on you Lord.
And I am hopeful.
I'm waiting on you Lord.
Though it is painful,
but patiently, I will wait.

I will move ahead bold and confident.
Taking every step in obedience.

While I'm waiting, I will serve you.
While I'm waiting, I will worship.
While I'm waiting, I will not faint.
I'll be running the race, even while I wait.

I'm waiting.
I'm waiting on you Lord.
And I am peaceful.
I'm waiting on you Lord,
though it's not easy.
But faithfully, I will wait.

Marvelous Miles to you all!

4 comments:

  1. I really needed this post. Especially of late! Thanks.

    p.s. that is a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you always put a smile on my face. Thanks! Careful about those shin splints-don't overdo the running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your blog and just saying hi. Be careful with your shin splits. If you haven't been fitted for shoes yet, that would be the first and foremost thing to get done. If you can't make it to Houston you could try roadrunnersports.com they help you with fit and will exchange shoes if they don't work, the details are on their website. I got over my shin splits when I came across ChiRunning. Turns out I was heel striking with my foot WAY too far out in front of my body. Just thought maybe that's another thing to look into after shoes. Happy running!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your witty, fabulous, and intellectual Comment!
XOXO,
Katie